We are not currently hiring for this position at this time. However, we are always seeking to fill our talent pool with potential candidates for this position. We encourage you to submit your resume and we will keep it on file. When we do hire for this position, we will contact you if we are interested.
Listening & Spoken Language services – completes comprehensive speech and language evaluation, gathers case history information, writes reports (evaluations, progress notes and daily treatment notes), formulates a treatment plan, makes appropriate recommendations, treats patients while integrating principles of auditory-verbal therapy, builds rapport with patients and families, coaches parent on auditory-verbal therapy strategies. This position must have a positive and supportive attitude towards Hearts for Hearing, its mission and overall success.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct patient services for children and/or adults with hearing loss in accordance with Hearts for Hearing’s policies and procedures.
- Serves as case manager for patients and families:
- Communicate with physicians and other professionals
- Consult with school providers
- Refer for additional services
- Locate community resources
- Monitor children on caseload who are not currently receiving therapy services
- Performs annual speech-language and cognitive evaluations for children with hearing loss and provides recommendations
- Performs longitudinal evaluations and provide recommendations
- Assists with planning and execution of annual summer enrichment program
- Assists audiologists with audiological evaluations:
- Supports audiologist in behavioral assessment of auditory function, hearing aid fittings, cochlear implant mappings, ABR testing and counseling
- Assists caregivers in completing questionnaires on auditory skill development
- Provides speech and language screening
- Provides recommendations as needed
- Completes documentation and communicates to parents in a timely manner
- Evaluation reports
- Progress reports
- Therapy/AR notes
- Accurate and timely billing for services provided
- Caseload documentation updates
- Participates in clinical staffing and ongoing mentoring and training
- Attends continuing education events in order to maintain licensure and certification.
- Participates in development and presentation of in-services for Hearts for Hearing as requested.
- Assists with community education or public relations events for Hearts for Hearing when appropriate.
- Manages caseload and scheduling patients
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to the Director of Listening & Spoken Language and the LSL Clinic Manager
Supervision of Clinical Fellows as requested by the Director of Listening & Spoken Language
Qualifications & Skills:
- REQUIRED: a master’s degree in speech-language pathology from an accredited institution and a member of the American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association holding the Certificate of Clinical Competence. Has a license to practice speech-language pathology from the Oklahoma Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Current member of AG Bell Academy for Listening and Spoken Language with certification as Listening and Spoken Language Specialist (LSLS) or actively obtaining a LSLS certification
- Solves problems with effective decisions and makes decisions in a timely manner
- Demonstrates excellent communication and listening skills
- Deals effectively with change and can function without knowing all the answers
- Learns quickly when confronting new challenges
- Relates well to individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Is open to feedback and incorporates feedback productively
- Demonstrates self-awareness to behavioral tendencies and patterns
- Is able to travel for conferences, training in satellite locations or other actions as requested by Director of Clinical Care and Director of Training and Support Services
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
Weekly Hours: 40
This position is eligible for all benefits based on established organizational policies.