An audiology assistant provides additional assistance to the audiologist. They accomplish tasks, such as mailing out new orders, fixing minor hearing aid repairs, and processing invoices. They are available to help walk-in patients with minor technology problems and adjustments. They can also provide counseling on the care and maintenance of hearing aids and answer general questions.
The audiology assistant position contributes to the overall company vision by providing excellent support to patients, so patients can not only adjust but thrive in their new listening world.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare hearing aids and complete paperwork for the audiologist prior to the patient’s fitting appointment.
- Hearing aid troubleshooting: Fix minor problems with hearing aids as needed (ex: replace a receiver, change wax guard, change microphone filters, etc.). If device cannot be fixed in clinic, then device and paperwork are prepared to send out to the manufacturer for repair.
- Processing repairs/returns: Complete paperwork for a device repair and mail it into the correct manufacturer. Call or schedule patient to come in to pick up device.
- Managing stock & supplies: Ensure that all hearing aid supplies are replaced. Also organize and account for all incoming device (hearing aid) stock. Ensure order is correct and enter serial numbers into the excel inventory document.
- Answering phone calls: Answer any transferred calls to assist patients with troubleshooting, scheduling, or general questions.
- Device counseling: Provide counseling to the patient on use and care of hearing aids as well as the use and navigation of the cell phone app (if applicable).
- Processing invoices: Check and verify all incoming invoices have the correct amount charged to the clinic account. Also check all credit memos to ensure that the correct amount is refunded back to the clinic.
- Check out: Collect any necessary payment, have paperwork signed and schedule follow up appointments as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Hearing Aid Technology: 1 year (Required)
- Patient care: 1 year (Required)
- Audiology Assistant Certification Preferred (Preferred)
Work Location: One location