The Bilingual Medical Front Desk Receptionist is the face of excellent customer service and patient care. In charge of multiple tasks such as answering incoming phone calls, scheduling appointments, processing paperwork, patient, and physician correspondence, answering general patient questions, check-in and checkout processes, collecting & posting payments, daily batch reports, and minor hearing aid troubleshooting.
This role contributes to the overall company vision by providing a welcoming, efficient, and knowledgeable first impression when patients call in for scheduling, collecting payments, and general questions or concerns. This position excels in providing excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills to coworkers and patients alike.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and implement unique and varied initiatives aimed at improving patient care quality.
- Answer all incoming calls for H4H main location and satellite clinics. Assist with patient questions, concerns, and scheduling for telephonic and in-person communication.
- Check in patients, collect new patient intake paperwork, verify demographics and insurance information for existing patients, check Availity, and collect any required signatures, co-pays, and patient balances.
- Collect any necessary payment and post to patient accounts. Have paperwork signed and schedule follow-up appointments as needed.
- Call new patient physician referrals for scheduling.
- Schedule routine audiological appointments as requested by audiologists.
- Schedule intake appointments for all offsite locations
- Respond to or disperse incoming faxes
- Confirm all appointments not confirmed
- Perform simple troubleshooting of technology-based tasks such as replacing batteries, tubing, etc.
- Other duties as needed or required by management.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Required)
- IMS: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location