Receptionists provide support for scheduling appointments, processing paperwork, answering phones, making phone calls, answering basic questions, checking patients in and out, etc.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scheduling appointments with current and new patients
- Collect patient information and copays
- Checking patients in/out
- General clerical assistance
- Sorting & distributing mail
- Protect patients’ privacy and well-being in accordance with HIPAA and FERPA guidelines
Reports to the pediatric or adult office manager based on position hired for.
No supervision is exercised in this position.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience as a receptionist in a medical office
- Working knowledge of insurance
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus but not required
- Experience using IMS is a plus but not required
- Solves problems with effective decisions and makes decisions in a timely manner
- Listens well and demonstrates excellent communication
- Uses problem-solving skills to implement creative solutions when challenges arise.
- Deals effectively with change and can function without knowing all the answers.
- Learns quickly when confronting new challenges.
- Responds to feedback and incorporates feedback productively.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Weekly Hours: 40
This position is eligible for all benefits based on established organizational policies