We are not currently hiring for this position at this time. However, we are always seeking to fill our talent pool with potential candidates for this position. We encourage you to submit your resume and we will keep it on file. When we do hire for this position, we will contact you if we are interested.
The Front Desk Receptionist is the face of excellent customer service and patient care. In charge of multiple tasks such as answering incoming phone calls, scheduling appointments, processing paperwork, patient, and physician correspondence, answering general patient questions, check-in and checkout processes, collecting & posting payments, daily batch reports, and minor hearing aid troubleshooting.
This role contributes to the overall company vision by providing a welcoming, efficient, and knowledgeable first impression when patients call in for scheduling, collecting payments, and general questions or concerns. This position excels in providing excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills to coworkers and patients alike.
Front Office Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and implement unique and varied initiatives aimed at improving patient care quality.
- Answer all incoming calls for H4H main location and satellite clinics. Assist with patient questions, concerns, and scheduling for telephonic and in-person communication.
- Check in patients, collect new patient intake paperwork, verify demographics and insurance information for existing patients, check Availity, and collect any required signatures, co-pays, and patient balances.
- Collect any necessary payment and post to patient accounts. Have paperwork signed and schedule follow-up appointments as needed.
- Call new patient-physician referrals for scheduling.
- Collaborate with Clinic Directors to triage Cochlear Implant (CI) intake and BAHA referrals.
- Schedule routine audiological appointments as requested by audiologists.
- Schedule intake appointments for all offsite locations (Variety Care, Shawnee).
- Respond to or disperse incoming faxes submitted through IMS.
- Confirm all appointments not confirmed via the IMS text messaging/email system two days prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Obtain required physician’s orders for Medicare patients for their initial visit and annually thereafter.
- Send medical reports to partnering otologists, Ear Nose Throat (ENT) physicians, and pediatricians as well as respond to record requests for the Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS), Social Security (SS) office, and Sooner Start by sending appropriate documentation.
- Scan documents into IMS as indicated.
- Perform simple troubleshooting of technology-based tasks such as replacing batteries, tubing, etc.
- Other duties as needed or required by management.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 year of receptionist terminology and customer service experience in a medical office required.
- Solves problems with effective decisions and makes decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills.
- Deals effectively with change and must be able to learn quickly when confronting new challenges.
- Relates well to individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Responds to feedback and incorporates feedback productively.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail. Works with integrity and ethically.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working Conditions: Office setting with a forty-hour (+) workweek. Work includes pressure generated by deadlines, peak workload periods, and frequent interruptions.
- Physical Demands: Work includes extended periods of talking or hearing, use of vision, typing on a computer, performing repetitive motions, manual dexterity/motor skills. Frequent sitting and use of standard office equipment.
Weekly Hours: 40
This position is eligible for all benefits based on established organizational policies