The Marketing & Communications Strategist will be responsible for leading communications efforts and for maintaining and expanding the Foundation’s public profile through outreach and messaging. This position will create and manage content and provide strategic communications and marketing oversight. The Marketing & Communications Strategist will ensure all marketing material is in line with our brand identity by providing specialized focus on the Foundation’s mission.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage relationships with members of the media to ensure consistent and impactful coverage of Hearts for Hearing and its professionals in local, statewide and, when possible, national markets
- Collaborate with business marketing professionals to create content to promote the organization, grow presence in the community, and increase referral relationships
- Create content in line with Hearts for Hearing’s mission, vision, and brand voice that will support the organization’s objectives and goals while also broadening visibility and awareness of Hearts for Hearing’s activities and achievements with new audiences:
- Develop a consistent brand identity and/or modify business brand standards and guidelines related to creation of/design of branded, printed materials such as business cards, rack cards, flyers, etc.
- Create and update print collateral pieces for external use in collaboration with organization departments, including but not limited to: brochures, business cards, appointment reminders, developmental milestones, letterhead, envelopes, t-shirts, posters, flyers, etc.
- Create digital media and content for external use in collaboration with organization departments
- Create a strategy for the creation and delivery of content throughout the year and maintain a content marketing calendar in collaboration with each department.
- Collaborate with digital marketing agencies to create web content and strategy for SEO and online presence
- Manage and update website with current content
- Collaborate with marketing agencies to assess marketing analytics Google, website, phone calls, online reputation, and prepare marketing reports showing goals and outcomes for campaigns, including SEO.
- Understand our customers and establish processes to develop long-term relationships (activities such as, but not limited to, customer surveys, focus groups, Community Card, etc.)
- Seek out opportunities to participate in health fairs and conferences where Hearts for Hearing’s services can be showcased to referral sources
- Other duties as needed or required
- Does not provide supervision
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing communications or similar role
- Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets company objective
- Proficiency in design software in order to create and design print collateral and digital content
- Excellent verbal and written communication including copy-editing skills (both technical and creative)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as WordPress
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze data
- Positive and motivated self-starter with minimal need for direction
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills.
- Uses problem-solving skills to implement creative solutions when challenges arise.
- Deals effectively with change and must be able to learn quickly when confronting new challenges.
- Relates well to individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Responds to feedback and incorporates feedback productively.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working Conditions: Office setting with a forty-hour (+) workweek; may require some evening and weekend work. Work includes pressure generated by deadlines, peak workload periods and frequent interruptions.
- Physical Demands: Work includes extended periods of talking or hearing, use of vision, typing on a computer, performing repetitive motions, manual dexterity/motor skills. Frequent sitting and use of standard office equipment and driving employee’s own vehicle.
This position is eligible for all benefits based on established company policies
Hours Per Week: 40