Insurance Specialists perform many accounting, customer service, and organizational tasks to promote the financial health of their organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of patient charges and refunds.
- Post and review payments received to appropriate patient’s account.
- Monitor and collect accounts receivables. Report delinquent accounts to the Billing Manager.
- Handles patient inquiries and answers questions from clerical staff and insurance companies.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing problems.
- Prepares and submits claims to third-party payers either electronically or by paper.
- Denial and insurance follow-up management.
- Issues adjusted, corrected, and/or rebilled claims to third-party payers.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Relevant experience as insurance specialist or similar position.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and data entry.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and capable of effectively prioritizing and multi-tasking.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $33,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Medical Insurance: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location